Slammin Events is committed to protecting your privacy. We will use the information that we collect about you in accordance with, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and any replacement laws, and, from May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who we are
Slammin Events is a trading name of Radioactive Clothing Ltd. Company registration number 3069867
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed, i.e. anonymous data.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. This also includes us making a note of conversations we have had with you in person and/or communications you sent to Slammin Events. This helps us to manage our relationship with you and ensures you only receive communications from us that are relevant and timely.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with a ticket). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How do we collect your information?
You give us your information when you buy a ticket, make a purchase from a retail outlet, sign up for one of our events, update your preferences on our website, tell us your story, apply for a job, or communicate with us. We also keep your details when you sign up to receive emails from us.
We keep a record of the emails we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open them so we can make sure we are sending you the most relevant information. We may then track any subsequent actions online, such as buying a ticket.
Like most websites, we receive and store certain details whenever you use the Slammin Events website. We use “cookies” to help us make our site – and the way you might use it – better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you and enable online transactions. It also helps us understand how you use our website, where we can make improvements and how best to tell our audiences about events they might be interested in.
We may also receive information from external sources which enables us to gain a better understanding of our audiences, visitors and supporters and to improve our marketing methods. These sources include:
Third party organisations
We use social media to broadcast messages and updates about events and news. On occasion we may reply to comments or questions you make to us on social media platforms. You may also see adverts from us on social media that are tailored to your interests.
Depending on your settings and the privacy policies used by social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, we may receive non-personally identifying demographic or analytical information from these services that enables us to better understand the reach and effectiveness of our advertising.
Information available publicly
This may include information found in places such as Companies House your biography on your work website or information that has been published in articles/ newspapers.
How do we keep your details safe & Secure
Your personal data will be held and processed on Slammin Events’ systems or systems managed by suppliers on behalf of Slammin Events. We always seek to hold your data securely. Access to customer information is strictly controlled. This information can only be accessed by people who need it to do their job. Certain data, for example sensitive information, is additionally controlled and is only made visible to members of staff who have a reason to work with it.
Your debit and credit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to purchase from us, we will ensure that this is carried out securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). You can find more information about this standard (https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pci_security/).
Security of your personal information
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same and that they will only process your personal information on our instructions. The third parties will also be subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will not transfer, process or store your data anywhere that is outside of the European Economic Area, unless we have a contractual agreement in place that is of an equivalent standard to GDPR.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you
- to require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress
- to require us not to send you marketing communications
Once the GDPR takes effect in May 2018, you will also have the following additional rights:
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect
- to require us to erase your personal data
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal)
- to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights
Please note that these rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: Data Controller, Slammin Events, 50a Wellington Road, Enfield EN1 2PG